A major wastewater treatment plant approached Pump & Valve, having a blocking issue with 4 Tsurumi Submersible Pumps. The solution – SULZER.
A major waste water treatment plant approached Pump & Valve with an issue – they had 4 Tsurumi Submersible Pumps on their inlet works that blocked often. In fact, it got to a point that on a bad day the operators were lifting and unblocking the pumps between 8 – 10 times per shift.
View more on our Sulzer Pump range: https://pumpandvalve.com/brand/sulzer/
Pump & Valve suggested using a Sulzer XFP pump with the Contrabloc Plus impeller. Initially just 1 pump was sold as a trial and this worked so well that an order for another 4 pumps (3 duty plus 1 spare) shortly followed. Pump & Valve retrofitted a Tsurumi claw so that the existing pedestals did not need replacing.
This was in May 2018 and at the time of writing (April 2019) they have not had a single pump blockage since then. The only time they did have an issue was when the wad of rags was too big to even fit under the pump, let alone get into the inlet or impeller!
Submersible Municipal Sewage Pumps
Submersible municipal sewage pumps by ABS are designed specifically for municipal wastewater. Ideal for pumping both raw sewage and screened effluent in the WWTP such as RAS.
ABS Pumps are manufactured in either Lohmar, Germany (large pumps typically over 55kW) or Wexford, Ireland (smaller pumps 45kW and below).
Submersible sewage pump type ABS XFP are the best choice for ensuring efficient and reliable pumping in terminal and engineered wastewater pumping stations. The submersible pumps are equipped with Premium Efficiency IE3 motors as standard and with the Contrablock Plus impellers, the pumps assure efficient and reliable operation.
Pump & Valve Specialties are the New Zealand official agent for Sulzer/ABS, and offer these submersible sewage pumps to NZ with service to match – whether you are looking for spares, parts, repairs or builds we’re ready to assist.
- The designers of the XFP pumps were veteran pump engineers with decades of experience with sewage pumps. They spent hour upon hour making impellers, fitting them to a sample pump (that had a clear plastic volute) and then videoing the soft solids that they pumped through. Each video of each impeller was carefully analysed to see where the potential catch points were and then another impeller was cast with the newly found knowledge. Eventually Contrabloc Plus impeller was born and you can see this in action yourself in the media tab
- Premium efficiency motors that conform to IE3 efficiency standards
- Double mechanical seals
- Pumps up to 9kW have a removal plug assembly meaning that pump removal and reinstallation is very simple and easy
- Stainless steel lifting hoop – this won’t corrode and break
- External adjustable wearplate that can be adjusted in minutes
- Vortex impellers also available
- Castellation ring behind the impeller for mechanical seal protection
- Pump can be run dry mounted, semi-submerged or submerged without modification
- Larger pumps have closed loop glycol cooling systems (we don’t use sewage as a cooling medium!)
- Hardened impeller and wearplate available if required
- Municipal sewage pumping
- Screened waste water
- Flood water pumping