Portable Hygienic Pumpsets for Pharmaceutical Applications
Our customer approached us for a hygienic pumpset as suitable for their pharmaceutical application, needing a solution for managing a Saline/Red Blood Cell mix.
Key criteria considered were:
- Gentle pumping action to best maintain this blood product integrity.
- Variable flow rate operating range
- 316 Stainless Steel Construction with 0.8 m Ra internal surface finish
- Certified to EHEDG standards
- Able to be CIP & SIP’ed
We identified our Jabsco Lobe Pumps as being the right product selection.
These pumps were fitted with High Efficiency lobes to minimise slip, and sized to keep the RPM range as low as possible.
Our completed pumpsets were engineered as fully portable, with clever engineering delivering operator comfort across many features, including;-
- A rigid 8.0mm# base plate with secure tubular handle fitted and 6” food grade castors for maximum manoeuvrability.
- VSD drive with isolating switch & speed potentiometer fitted for easy operation.
- Electrically wired for “Plug & Play” operation on receipt.
Products Used: Jabsco HP420 Pump with further product contributions from our reputable suppliers across gearboxes, motors & VSDs.
All the engineering work was drawn by our in-house CAD designers, mechanical & electrical engineering completed by our in-house pump engineers.
If you are in the market for a pumping solution that works, please don’t hesitate to contact Pump and Valve Specialties Ltd to discover what we can do for you.
Rotary Lobe Pumps – Sanitary
Lobe pumps offer superb sanitary qualities, high efficiency, reliability, corrosion resistance, and good clean-in-place and sterilize-in-place (CIP/SIP) characteristics.
Lobe pumps work similarly to external gear pumps, but unlike external gear pumps, the lobes are non-contacting. Lobe pumps also have large pumping chambers, which enable them to transfer slurries.
Jabsco Rotary Lobe Pumps have been around for over 40 years and are the trusted name in the industry.
- Flow rates up to 108m³/hr (30 litres/second)
- Pressures up to Up to 15bar (220 psi)
- Temperature range: -40ºC to +140ºC
- Liquid viscosity range: 1 to 1,000,000 centipoise
- Hygienic – approved to American 3A standard
- Gentle pumping action suits viscous, delicate and particle-laden liquids
- Easy to clean, easy to maintain
- AISI316 stainless steel construction
- Pumping fruit purees
- Yoghurt pumping
- Cream pumping
- Dairy pumping
- Pumping tallow