SPEL Thirsty Duck products are revolutionary flow control technology for stormwater systems.
In short, SPEL Thirsty Duck products are floating outlets and skimmers that produce a constant discharge regardless of water surface elevation. They work by suspending an orifice at a fixed depth below the water surface and operate at Constant Head.
SPEL Thirsty Duck Series
- TD Series is a buoyant body housing an orifice.
- Buoyancy module is connected to an expanding conduit (“the bellows”).
- Bellows fabricated from high strength, welded polyurethane with stainless steel reinfocing rings in each pleat.
- Bellows available up to 200mm in diameter.
- The “Duck Body” rests in its “Nest” when it’s not floating.
- Uses standard flange to connect to outfall system.
- Device is self-skimming. Water enters the body from its underside.