Griswold ANSI Pump replaces a concerning Goulds in production. Usually 12 weeks ex-USA factory, our NZ customer received it here in 1 month!
Our customer approached us on the 19 November requesting replacement of a complete ANSI bare shaft pump.
The situation was their existing Goulds pump, currently installed in production was making ominous noises and causing concern.
There was no spare pump in the Engineering stores and if this pump went down – their production would stop.
View more on our Griswold page: Griswold Heavy Duty ANSI Pumps
LinkedIn post: https://bit.ly/303FXWQ
ANSI process pumps are manufactured to a dimension standard as per the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
These are end suction, centrifugal pumps used in demanding Process Applications.
These pumps must meet stringent manufacturing & dimensional interchangeability requirements – this ensures that other ANSI process pumps of a similar size can be interchanged, regardless of manufacturer, whilst maintaining critical locations such as suction & discharge port connections, input shafts, and mounting dimensions.
To resolve our customers situation, Pump and Valve went out to our principals seeking a solution – our enquiry included a direct approach to Griswold, who are a USA based manufacturer.
We are the exclusive distributors for Griswold in New Zealand and have excellent relationship and communication channels with them.
This meant that without compromising on quality, we were able to present our customer with a competitively priced ANSI pump, “drop-in” replacement that was quoted, ordered via expedite service and airfreighted to New Zealand in a timely manner.
Our customer received this pump into their stores 18/12 and their pressing production concerns were alleviated.
To date we still haven’t received an offer From the Goulds pump supplier.
End Suction Pumps – Heavy Duty
Griswold Pumps are heavy duty American made pumps manufactured to the ANSI standard. These pumps are used in critical applications where reliability is of utmost importance.
Category: Centrifugal pumps
Griswold Pumps are heavy duty end suction pumps made in USA, manufactured to the ANSI standard. These pumps are used in critical applications where reliability is of utmost importance.
- Suitable for heavy duty applications where reliability is critical
- Suitable for 24/7 operation
- Manufactured in California, USA
- Construction that exceeds the ANSI standard (not just minimum compliance)
- Externally adjustable impeller clearance to regain original efficiencies
- Heavy duty shaft (to ANSI B73.1) and bearings
- Ductile iron power frame adaptors for additional strength
- Back pull out design for easy maintenance
- Even pumps with ANSI 150 flanges have volute wall thickness to ANSI 300
- Shafts dynamically balanced to G6.3 (exceeds the ANSI specification)
- Double row angular contact outboard bearing (single row deep groove inboard bearing)
- Bronze labyrinth oil seals (inboard and outboard) to protect sealed for life bearings
- Able to be fitted with a wide variety of seals
- Parts are readily available from California
- Standard construction is ductile iron with a stainless steel shaft and other materials available are stainless steel, Alloy 20 and CD4MCu
- Oil and gas pumping
- Petrochemical pumping
- Pulp and paper pumping
- Power generation