ABS Pumps was started by Mr Albert Bloom in the 1950’s in his garage in Scheiderhohe, Germany and the name came from his initials (AB) and the location (S). The company was very successful and in the 1970’s he opened another manufacturing facility in Wexford, Ireland. During this time ABS developed a very good range of submersible pumps for sewage. This began as the AF range of pumps which then morphed into the AFP range and today the XFP range of pumps takes the lessons learnt from decades of sewage pumping and couples it with modern high efficiency motors and impellers designed specifically for pumping “soft solids” (think wet wipes and rags).
Pump & Valve were awarded the sole distributorship for ABS in 2013 and in 2014 ABS Pumps came up for sale and Sulzer (a very large Swiss Company which began in 1834) acquired them and ABS was rebranded as Sulzer. Sulzer run the sewage pump division as a standalone business unit and thus pump model numbers, etc have remained exactly the same, only ABS has been replaced with Sulzer.
Pump & Valve are proud to be the sole NZ distributor for Sulzer Sewage Pumps; formally known as ABS.